1. Main Post: Would it be possible to carry out the Tearoom Trade Study (Ashford, 2009; Humphreys, 2005; Lehmiller, 2017) in a way that meets modern ethical requirements? Is it permissible to breach ethical guidelines when studying certain research topics? Why or why not?
- Write an essay of 200-400 words addressing these questions. In your essay, explore your thoughts on the topic and draw connections to concepts covered in the course.
- Give at least two examples to support your conclusion.
- You are encouraged to use our UMGC Library to find relevant writings that expand understanding and invite critical thinking. When appropriate, cite sources used in your essay.
2. Peer exchange: Respond to two of your classmates’ postings.
- In 75-100 words, or more, provide constructive, thoughtful feedback designed to build an engaging dialog.