“What is a Text?” in The Word on College Reading and Writing by Carol Burnell, Jaime Wood, Monique Babin, Susan Pesznecker, and Nicole Rosevear is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License, except where otherwise noted.
For this discussion, please respond to the following questions:
- Examining your experience as a reader, identify at least three literary texts that have made an impression on you. For each text, list the following:
- title, author, date of publication, and any other citation information you can find; and
- when you read the text and for what purpose.
- Choose a favorite text and explain why it made an impression on you. In one or two well-composed paragraphs, address the following:
- Why was it impactful?
- How did it make you feel?
- What did you learn from reading it?
- Do you think it can be classified as literature? Why or why not?